CALL for PAPERS: email ARTICLES: LUDWIGOTTO@SBCGLOBAL.NET
SURPRISE AND TEMPTATIONS
A surprise and temptations can be an unexpected or astonishing event, such as an ambush or a great grade on a test you did not study for.
Surprise can be a verb meaning to astonish or startle someone, a noun for the unexpected thing, or for the feeling produced by that surprise.
SURPRISES FROM GOD!
Exodus 3:1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. 2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. 3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. 5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground. 6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
I have been preaching over 45 years in over 125 countries of the world and yet when I think I have seen everything, the Lord surprises me with something I have never seen. However, He has always been the God of surprises. Example after example we can find in the Word of God. Let us just look at a few of them.
I. Moses with the (Exodus 3:3) "And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt." :4 "And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses.
What was unusual was that this bush burned, but was not consumed. This was a surprise.
BELOW ARE SOME SURPRISES:
1. There was Sara and Abraham having a baby at their old age.
2. The 70 that Jesus sent out in Luke 10 came back surprised that the spirits were cast out in Jesus Name.
3. At the tomb of Lazarus many were surprised in John 11.
4. The biggest surprise was how he came out wrapped like an Egyptian mummy; it came out under the power of God.
5. Jesus rising from the dead was amazing surprise.
6. Appearing to His disciples in a closed and locked room.
7. His ascension to heaven in Mark 16.
8. Gen 34:25 But on the third day after, before the wounds were well, two of the sons of Jacob, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brothers, took their swords and came into the town by surprise and put all the males to death.
9. Exodus 4:6 And Yahweh said to him again "Put your hand into the fold of your garment." and he put his hand into the fold of his garment, and he took it out, and, to his surprise, his hand was afflicted with a skin disease, like snow.
10. Exodus 4:7 And he said "Return your hand to the fold of your garment." and he returned his hand to the fold of his garment, and he took it out from the fold of his garment, and, to his surprise, it was restored like the rest of his body.
LIFE IS FULL OF SURPRISES & TEMPTATIONS
NOTE: If you accept the Lord Jesus Christ to captain your life, you will encounter surprises and temptations in life, but surely, you will overcome them.
1. Dr. Ludwig Otto, DMIN. PhD & Family
2. BCU African Graduates
3. BCU Board of Directors
4. BCU Students
5. Christ Spirit Assemblies Mission
6. My Dear Wife Rev. Mrs. Agnes Zormelo, MCE. & Children
7. Matthew L. Otto, Executive Vice President, Administration, CONFERENCE COORDINATOR
8. Missouri State University, Purdue University & Ludwig Otto Organization